2003 Lexus SC 430 Coupe-convertible
• Second-generation Lexus coupe that doubles as a convertible
• One owner car with only 89,908 actual miles
• Aluminum top that fully retracts in 25 seconds
• One of only 10,298 examples made in 2003
• Aluminum 4.3L DOHC 32-valve V-8 engine (code 3UZ-FE) with sequential electronic fuel injection (SEFI) and VVT-i
• Five-speed automatic transmission (code A650E)
• Millennium Silver Metallic (code 1C0) and Ecru leather interior (code LA00) with Bird’s Eye Maple trim
• Electronic climate control, power rack-and-pinion steering with variable assist, power four-wheel disc brakes, cruise control, power windows, power locks, power sideview mirrors, power and heated front bucket seats with memory, rear window defroster and tilt steering column
• Safety equipment includes dual front airbags, side-impact airbags, anti-lock brakes, stability control, traction control. Also, included with original window sticker, Sold new at Plaza Lexus, St. Louis, MO
At its launch, the SC 430 was marketed as the “jewel of Lexus,” and as the marque's first convertible, was intended as a more ostentatious addition to the Lexus lineup. This example is one of 10,298 SC 430s exported to the United States in 2003. This is a local car that has been owned by the original owner since new and it only has 89,908 actual miles.
Made in April 2003 at Toyota’s Susono, Shizuoka factory, this coupe-convertible is finished in Millennium Silver Metallic (code 1C0). The paint and trim are in overall very good order, the bodywork is straight and solid, including the integrated bumpers. Up front are headlamp washers integrated into those bumpers. The car’s hardtop is made of aluminum and fully retracts in 25 seconds.
This Lexus is on generic radials, size 245/40RF18 at every corner. Each blackwall tire is mounted on a factory alloy disc. The wheels are in very good order, as are the tires.
The SC 430 chassis featured a double-wishbone setup for both the front and rear wheels. The vehicle platform shared elements with the GS 430 sport sedan, including variable-assist power rack-and-pinion steering. Safety systems ranged from traction control to vehicle stability control. The convertible received a ULEV emissions certification rating.
Under the hood is a 4.3L DOHC 32-valve V-8 engine (code 3UZ-FE) with sequential electronic fuel injection (SEFI) and VVT-i. This motor is married to a five-speed automatic transmission (code A650E). Driver convenience features include electronic climate control, power rack-and-pinion steering with variable assist, power four-wheel disc brakes, cruise control, power windows, power locks, power sideview mirrors, power and heated front bucket seats with memory, rear window defroster and tilt steering column.
Safety equipment includes dual front airbags, side-impact airbags, anti-lock brakes, stability control, traction control and more.
The Ecru (code LA00) interior with Bird’s Eye Maple and brushed aluminum trim is in decent condition. The front bucket seats and its matching carpet are in decent order while the black three-spoke steering wheel offers striking contrast and is in very good order. The instrument panel, complete with a Mark Levinson premium sound system and a DVD-based navigation system hidden behind a folding wood panel. The inner door panels, especially on the driver’s side, prove the car has been enjoyed by its previous owner(s). A console-mounted shifter and factory infotainment system round out the interior.
Reviewers from Car and Driver magazine praised the SC 430 for 2002 as “an unqualified success,” calling it “comfortable, fast, smooth and quiet” with “all of the virtues expected in a patrician roadster.”
Competition to this Lexus in 2003 included Acura’s NSX, BMW’s Z4, Ford’s Thunderbird, Honda’s S2000, Mercedes-Benz’s CLK 430, Nissan’s 300ZX and Porsche’s Carrera 4 Cabrio. If you drove one of these SC models when they were new, it enchanted you and now, you desire another one, stop by MotoeXotica Classic Cars today to look this one over.
VIN: JTHFN48Y230046090 This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 89,908 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, actual mileage Missouri title.
GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.